A big thanks to PS2 (PlayStation 2) that has given thousands of games to people of all ages! Still, after so many years of its introduction, it is one of the trusted consoles, as a result of which, many people are looking forward to playing PS2 games to relive their childhood gaming memories.
But, how to download and play PS2 games on PC? Do you know how to get these games now? No worries, if you are unable to answer these questions. With the help of an easy to use emulator, you can download and play these games on your computer.
When it comes to the PS2 emulator, the one name that hits the mind is PCSX2 despite having many other similar emulators out there. PCSX2 is considered as the best and one of the favorite solutions to get PS2 games on PC. The main reason is the maximum compatibility than other emulators, which means most of the PS2 games are playable using this emulator. Moreover, if you have a powerful system, then this emulator would be the best choice.
Let’s find out how you would download and play PS2 games on your system.
An emulator helps you to emulate the functions of apps or software on your system. As here we are focusing on the PS2 emulator on PC, so this emulator replicates PS2 console on your PC and lets you play PS2 games on it. It means when you use an emulator, there is no need for a physical PS2 console. It allows you to play your favorite games directly from the disc or you can use ISO images from your PC’s hard drive.
- First of all, you have to download the emulator. If you are a beginner, it is recommended to have the full installer of the latest version of the emulator.
- Then, you need to get the BIOS file from the PS2 console. It is not available with the emulator due to copyright laws, so get it from your console.
- Once you get BIOS, install the emulator on your PC.
- Now, you require configuring it using the number of configuration options in the emulator. Make sure to get the right configuration to gain a better gaming experience.
- Now, take your PS2 game CD and insert it into the DVD ROM of your system. The emulator’s developers say that you can run your game directly from the disc or another way is to create an ISO image of the disc.
- Once everything is done, you can start playing your PS2 game on your PC. So, simply enjoy this experience.
This is one of the straightforward methods and free too, so playing PS2 games on PC is now quite easier than ever before. So, don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy your favorite games in full HD and with controllers of your choice.